A knowledgebase for leaders in nonprofit organisations, on issues related to software technology and its use in community programs. It is based on our experience of working in many such community programs for dozens of organisations over years.
About technology and nonprofits publication
The list of topics to be covered in this publication is as follows. The articles already published have been linked. Please feel free to suggest additional topics in the same theme by contacting us - if we understand enough about such issues.
- The architecture of community program organisations and their data systems (this is a foundational article hence slightly abstract)
- Designing systems that use paper and technology together
- Why your community and field team procrastinates data reporting?
- What is the difference between a software platform and a bespoke solution? How should I choose?
- Open-source products offer a technology evolution path and help avoid risks in technology projects
- Factors to consider when procuring mobile devices
- What does it mean to use open-source software?
- The challenge of building software teams in social-sector organisations
Health specific articles
- Why it is difficult to implement a useful national personal health records system?
- Challenges in implementing electronic health records in the hospitals